If you are looking for a speaker who is biblical for conferences, pulpit supply, seminars, break-out sessions, Pastor Q and A, workshops, retreats, it is VERY important to know who you are bringing in and what the prospective speaker believes. Knowing this will give you an assurance that what our team embraces as truth, will also be enveloped in their worldview. We unashamedly embrace the biblical worldview that is rooted and grounded in the Christian Scriptures. . . the Bible.
If you have any further questions or are interested in having us give a seminar at your church or to your student group, or speak at your university campus, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stated simply and succinctly so that there is no confusion . . .I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried; the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from there he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of the saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
I believe the Old and New Testaments to be the infallible Word of God; inerrant as originally given, verbally inspired by God, the complete and sufficient revelation of His will for salvation and conduct.
I believe in the Great Commandment to love God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind is the first step to discipleship. The second part, to love our neighbor as ourselves takes us to the Great Commission; to proclaim the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to the uttermost parts of the earth. Amen.
Here is our ministry statement in greater detail . . .
- We believe the 66 books of the Old and New Testament Scriptures alone to be verbally inspired by God, and inerrant in the original texts, and that they alone are of supreme and final authority for faith and life.
- We believe in a God, who is Creator of heaven and earth, who is space-less, eternal, immaterial, powerful, moral, personal, intelligent, sustainer, Creator, and First Cause of the existence and design of the universe. God is infallible in all things, including His foreknowledge of all future events as well as the all of the free choices of man. God reveals His essence as triune, meaning that God eternally exists in one essence and three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the special creation of the entire space/time universe and of every basic form in the six days recorded in the Genesis creation record. We also believe in the historicity of the biblical record, including the special creation of Adam and Eve as the literal progenitors of all peoples, the literal fall and the resultant divine curse upon the creation, the worldwide (global) flood, and the origin of the nations and the diverse languages at the tower of Babel.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity, the eternal Word manifested in the flesh. We believe that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and that He is true God and true man, having two distinct natures conjoined in one Person.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of every human being and thus offers salvation as a free gift on grace alone.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead in the same physical body, though glorified, in which He lived and died, and that His resurrection body is the pattern of that body which will be given to all believers at the return of Christ.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended into Heaven in the same glorified physical body in which He arose, was seated at His Father's right hand, assuring us of the perfection of His work of redemption, and that He now, as Head over all things to the Church, is engaged on behalf of the saved as their only Advocate.
- We believe in the personal, imminent, and pre-millennial return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His redeemed ones followed by His 1,000-year reign on Earth.
- We believe that man was originally created in the image and likeness of God, and that he fell through sin; and that as a consequence of his sin, he became dead in trespasses and sins, and that he became subject to the power of the devil. We also believe that this spiritual death, or depravity of human nature, has been transmitted to the entire human race, the Man Christ Jesus alone being excepted; and hence that every child of Adam is born into the world with a corrupt sinful nature.
- We believe that only those who receive the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior on the condition of faith alone, apart from all good works, are thereby born again of the Holy Spirit, are justified once and for all, and have become children of God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, being the Third Person of the Godhead, convicts men of sin, regenerates, indwells, baptizes, seals and sets believers apart to a holy life; and He keeps and empowers believers day by day. We believe that He is the Teacher of the Word of God through which He guides us in our daily lives.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ instituted only two ordinances: water baptism and the Lord's Supper, to be observed until He comes. We believe that water baptism is not necessary for salvation but that it is an outward symbol of an inward transformation, and a sign of our obedience to Him.
- We believe that the universal Church of Jesus Christ is composed of those who have been redeemed and washed in His blood, regenerated and sealed by the Holy Spirit, and that they are saved to worship and to serve; that is the responsibility and privilege of all who are saved to seek to win others to Christ, to the "uttermost part of the earth"; that they should seek to live a holy life, to separate themselves and forsake all that might dishonor God, cast discredit on His cause, or weaken their testimony.
- We believe that there is a personal , a being of great cunning and power, who is "the prince and the power of the air," "the prince of this world," and "the god of this age." We believe that he can exert vast power but only as far as God permits him to do so; that he shall ultimately be cast into the lake of fire and brimstone and shall be tormented day and night forever.
Our Statement on the Nature of Apologetics
- We believe that the Christian discipline of apologetics is the vindication of Christian truth claims and philosophy of life against the various forms of non-Christian philosophies of life. It is the responsibility of every Christian to be equipped with some knowledge and use of apologetics.
- We affirm that doing the work of apologetics should include the following four dimensions: (a) Apologetics as proof- presenting a rational basis for faith that confronts unbelief in the believer as well as in the unbeliever; (b) Apologetics as defense - answering the objections and overcoming the barriers of unbelief; (c) Apologetics as offense - This view is not about being offensive, but about demonstrating or revealing the foolishness of unbelieving thought and world-views in conflict with the Christian faith; (d) Living the apologetic life - demonstrating the apologetic life by a living out the gospel through not just the proclamation of the message, but a living out of the message by being the hands and feet of the One who gave us the gospel (a.k.a. "human touch.")
- We affirm that in doing the work of apologetics Christians are to stress that God is also interested in the character of the Christian and in the manner in which truth is communicated. The Christian must speak and live out the truth and in love, not being quarrelsome, able to teach, correcting the error with gentleness, kindness, patience, and humility.
- We affirm that in our proclamation of the Gospel I recognize the urgency of calling all to a decision to receive and follow Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and to do so lovingly without coercion and manipulation.
- We affirm our obligation as servants of God, to lead lives of holiness and moral purity, knowing that we exemplify Christ to the Church and to the world.
- We affirm that we who claim to be members of the Body of Christ must transcend the barriers of race, gender, class, and non-essential doctrinal matters within the Body.